Overall objectives of the course:
- To understand the core principles behind the CLIL methodology and what that implies in the teaching-learning process.
- To use tools and techniques in the elaboration of good CLIL plans.
- To be more competent in the use of the oral English, doing so in a fluent way and to being able to show it both in classroom-related activities and in communicative ones.
Course outline / Contents:
- Core concepts behind the CLIL methodology.
- Tools and techniques to use the CLIL methodology effectively.
- Classroom dynamics and ICT tools to take CLIL to the next level.
- CLIL plans: designing and sharing.
- The use of English in communicative situations.
The trainees will have to show an active participation throughout all the course, as the activities have been designed to be active and collaborative. Through this collaboration, they will create a CLIL plan with all the tools and techniques they learn throughout the course. They will have to present this plan to the rest of the trainees. This way, they will leave with several sample plans.
Every session there will be a part for reflection, as assessment for learning is one key element in any good teaching, especially if it is CLIL. This process will help the trainees interiorize everything dealt with throughout that day.
The CLIL course has been designd as a Task-Based Learning experience, with a lot of group work and dealing with non-linguistic content; much in the way a true CLIL course would have been designed.
The course will be practical. We will work from the examples and we expect the trainees to do an effort outside of the training course and reflect upon the activities we develop in the class so they can understand the theories and techniques behind the examples we will have experienced.
Price of the course:
*10% discount for 3 or more teachers coming from the same school